Monday 28 March 2011

Being Present...

March 28th,2011

What does being present mean exactly?I think we would all argue that we are present in our lives,but are we really? I mean most of us go through our day fairly mindlessly,just praying that we get through it relatively unscathed & that everything on our exhaustive"to do" list gets done.

Last night I was reminded of how important & how easy it is to be present in any given moment.My husband & I were out on our nightly walk & we were blessed with seeing not one,but two magnificent owls.Now if I wasn't paying attention to what was going on around me I would have missed their regal presence.They were just beautiful & they let us get quite close to them so that we could get a good look.

My husband & I have been walking together at night for years & we have never seen any owls in the wild,we've seen plenty of wallabies,snakes & the occasional possum,but never an owl.Now if anyone knows me they know how much I love owls.During the day I'd started painting some canvases with little owls on them & that somehow this was just too big a coincidence that these 2 beautiful owls were suddenly in my physical world & not just cute images floating around in my imagination .

So,getting back to being more present in our lives,just remember to breath more & try not to think too far ahead.Pay particular attention to your children when they are talking to you,hug & kiss the ones you love more & pay attention to your physical & emotional wellbeing & maybe just maybe when you are out walking you will have the privilage of seeing a beautiful owl in the wild...

Let me know what you do to try & be more present in your everyday life.
Take care.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment